8.28.2010

It's all in a day's work!

So I had quite the day.  Explosions were happening left and right!  Blakely was being her happy self sitting in her Bumbo chair.  She loves that thing!!  She can sit up and watch me and the dogs, making cute little squeaks and squeals all the while.  The only problem is that when she starts to grunt and get red in the face I know a diaper change is soon to follow.  I think the combination of a rather large "load" and sitting in her chair caused everything to go up, up, and out!  I have never had problems with her diapers leaking (if they are put on right) but this time it went everywhere!  EEEEWWWW!  Once I got her all cleaned up, I put her back in her chair because I still had some vacuuming to do.

In the middle of the room, mid-suck, the vacuum decided to explode too.  It's like a reverse button was hit and suddenly hair and dust was being spewed all over my floor!  Gross!  How was I supposed to clean this up when my vacuum was going in reverse?!  I could feel myself getting sweaty and flustered.  As I stood there wondering what in the heck had just happened I heard the dreaded sound.  The umph, umph, umph noise that every dog makes right before they yak!  I looked over only to see Gus heaving on my floor.  I tried to rush him out the door, but it was too late.  Great!  So now I had a huge dust bunny, no, more like a whole litter of bunnies, and several piles of puke to clean up.  ~Deep breath~

After some fidgeting and a few unnecessary smacks I got my vacuum to start sucking again.  I cleaned up the dog vomit.  Blakely sat staring at me wondering what in the world I was doing.  I just smiled at her and explained, "Honey, it's all in a days work!"

No comments:

Post a Comment