I'll start off by saying I have the most amazing husband in the world! I really do. I love him. We had a little "date" night on Friday when he got home from work. We went out for some yummy bbq, Blakely was as cute as ever and quietly chewed on some saltines. She loves to use her little chompers! Then we made our way over to homegoods and strolled around. Normally Jeff wouldn't be all that excited to go to homegoods, but we were looking for the perfect white elephant gift. We happened to find the best one there last year....a three foot statue of a Shepard that weighed about a million pounds! Well, no such luck this year. We didn't find our white elephant gift, but I did find this cute little bowl and a new mug. So, success!
Saturday, Jeff had to start studying for his finals this week so I was off to shop with miss B. We headed over to Target, and let me tell you, that place was a zoo!! However, despite the ridiculous amount of people there, everyone seemed to be very happy and nice....maybe a little holiday cheer?? Anyway, I had about 7 people tell me how adorable Blakely is {like I don't already know!} and I had some lady offer to take my cart back for me once I had gotten to the car. Never happens! It put me in a great mood to see and feel strangers being so nice to one another. I wish people were in this great of a mood all year.
Sunday was great! Blakely is now 7 months!!!
I can't believe it! She's such a big girl! Jeff and I lounged around made a delicious breakfast while we watched the snow flurry outside. How perfect! I got around to getting showered and dressed and Blakely and I headed to church to meet my mom for the churches annual Christmas concert. It was freezing and snowy, but oh so wonderful! It was so funny to see Blakely's face light up as she listened to the music and jumped up and down on my moms lap. Her first Christmas is already magical and it's only going to get better!!
So, for a little up-date on my 7 month old! She is sitting, standing (while holding onto something), rolling around, laughing, babbling, screaming, teething, eating, clapping, smiling, basically being the best baby she knows how to be, and I love this child more than I can put into words! People are starting to say that she's looking more like me. LOVE. IT. I think she's acting more like me too. My mom has always told me that when she nursed me as a baby I would reach up and twirl her hair in my hand. Blakely has started doing this, and I can't tell you how sweet it is. I haven't taken her "official" 7 month pictures yet, but I took these over the weekend.
Saturday, Jeff had to start studying for his finals this week so I was off to shop with miss B. We headed over to Target, and let me tell you, that place was a zoo!! However, despite the ridiculous amount of people there, everyone seemed to be very happy and nice....maybe a little holiday cheer?? Anyway, I had about 7 people tell me how adorable Blakely is {like I don't already know!} and I had some lady offer to take my cart back for me once I had gotten to the car. Never happens! It put me in a great mood to see and feel strangers being so nice to one another. I wish people were in this great of a mood all year.
Sunday was great! Blakely is now 7 months!!!
I can't believe it! She's such a big girl! Jeff and I lounged around made a delicious breakfast while we watched the snow flurry outside. How perfect! I got around to getting showered and dressed and Blakely and I headed to church to meet my mom for the churches annual Christmas concert. It was freezing and snowy, but oh so wonderful! It was so funny to see Blakely's face light up as she listened to the music and jumped up and down on my moms lap. Her first Christmas is already magical and it's only going to get better!!
So, for a little up-date on my 7 month old! She is sitting, standing (while holding onto something), rolling around, laughing, babbling, screaming, teething, eating, clapping, smiling, basically being the best baby she knows how to be, and I love this child more than I can put into words! People are starting to say that she's looking more like me. LOVE. IT. I think she's acting more like me too. My mom has always told me that when she nursed me as a baby I would reach up and twirl her hair in my hand. Blakely has started doing this, and I can't tell you how sweet it is. I haven't taken her "official" 7 month pictures yet, but I took these over the weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment