3.24.2011

fleeting moments

 "I welcome their moments of neediness as opportunities to be needed and sometimes, that feels good. Sometimes a cry in the night reminds me that it's fleeting--this little window that presents me with the precious gift of feeling her skin against mine in the dark and pausing just a moment to smell her milky breath before I lay her back down and return to my covers." -Kelle Hampton

This was said by a fellow blogger and I could not love and agree with it more.  Jeff and I have had discussions about Blakely and her night-time shenanigans.  He thinks we need to let her cry it out and get back to sleep on her own.  I agree with this in theory, but I am finding it impossible to lay still in my bed and listen to my sweet baby cry and call out for me.  It's like I can feel my heart literally pounding out of my chest longing to be next to hers.  I don't want to be a push over and I don't want to be coddling my child until she's 5 and simply can't fall asleep on her own.  But for now she is still my baby, and just like Kelle said, it's fleeting. 

In other news, we have been LOVING this gorgeous spring-time weather!  Miss B and I have been enjoying long afternoon walks and swinging in the park.    Jeff and I took her to the zoo this last weekend and had a blast!  It was a spontaneous decision...the best kind.  It's one of the things I love about us.  We don't have to plan out some big adventure, we just get in the car and go.  However, I forgot the camera--Fail.  But Jeff and I will remember that day and that's all that matters.  The world is so fascinating when you're showing it to a baby for the first time.  She was fascinated by all the animals and loved every minute.  So did we.  I think you start to appreciate the small things more, because to a baby, even wind in the leaves is amazing. 
Photo0472.jpg


Sorry for the poor quality.  It was taken on my phone during a walk.  I just love this little girl and her sunhat.  The only thing I don't like about this time of year is the pollen.  It's been killer this year!  My car is yellow, my eyes are red, but at least the trees are green.  Oh well, at least the pollen is.....fleeting.  
I hope everyone has had a good week....it's almost the weekend, YAY!!

1 comment:

  1. I love this post. "Enjoying the Small Things" is a favorite of mine as well, and I have learned so much to take with me in to this new journey I am headed for... I just cannot even wait to have our little one in my arms.

    Love the trip to the Zoo!!!! Cannot wait for next Spring- and yes the pollen is SO bad!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete