6.22.2011

holy moly

Things have been super busy around here lately.  With a full-time walking toddler I barely have time to do anything, much less blog.  I'll admit that I have gotten on here a couple of times to write down some thoughts or things we've been up to and then.....blah.  Nothing.  Blakely is into everything.  She's a lot of fun these days--but a lot of work too.  We usually try to get out in the afternoons for some type of activity to tire her out.  We go to the pool, the park, run errands, visit with friends or go to grandmas.  She is growing like a weed and looking so much older these days.  It's scary how fast they grow up!

On a totally unrelated subject--I finally went to the dermatologist the other day.  I knew I needed to go for years now because of all the damage I have done to my skin over the years with life guarding and tanning.  I just put it off because I think I was afraid of what they would say about a few suspicious looking moles.  Sure enough, three {two on my back and one on my chest} had to go.  They were sent to a pathologist to see if they were "dangerous".  Turns out, yes, all three were dysplastic, meaning they contain atypical cells that could potentially turn into cancerous cells.  I have appointments scheduled to have them all removed.  They have to remove the entire mole and some surrounding tissue to make sure they get rid of all the atypical cells.  I just hope I don't end up looking like Swiss cheese when I leave.  I am a little nervous, but I am glad to have all of these bad moles gone.  I am just glad that the dr caught those moles now before they turned into anything more serious.  So my PSA for today:  go get your skin checked!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment