Blakely is officially our sour patch kid. Maybe you've seen the commercials "first their sour, then their sweet". Well, that's Blakely. One second she'll throw a doll at your head, but then she'll come over to give you a hug and kiss. I have to admit, I think it's so funny! I know, I know....bad parenting! I understand the throwing/hitting/biting stuff isn't cool, and she does get scolded when she's naughty. She's sensitive, that one. If I give her the look and tell her "no" half the time her little face will scrunch up and the tears will start.....which is heartbreaking. So then we have to make up and snuggle. Most of the time she really is sweet though. For example, at night once we're ready for "nigh-nigh" she'll pucker up those precious lips of hers and make the kiss noise until she gets kisses from mama and dada. Just adorable.
| Thinking about being sour..... |
| She's eating raisins here. She LOVES raisins and says a high pitch "mmmmm" when she eats them! |
This summer has been fun so far, but the best is yet to come. The 4th of July, my birthday, my brother-in-laws wedding in Utah, and then a family vacation to St. George Utah. This weekend we are planning on doing some outlet shopping for our trips on our way up to Dahlonega. The fudge Factory and some road-side boiled peanuts are calling my name! To avoid any serious meltdowns from the real fireworks we'll probably just let Jeff dazzle us with his annual firework spectacular. I'll admit, I think I'm most excited about our trip to St. George. I love traveling to places I've never been, especially with my family. I'll give you a little sneak peak of some of the gorgeous scenery there.....
| This is Angels Landing in Zion National Park. We are hiking up to this! |
So there you have it. A little taste of what we've been up to and what we have planned. I hope everyone has a fun and safe 4th of July!! I'm proud to be an American, where at least I know I'm free!
She is just adorable. And such a ham! :) Love her!
ReplyDelete