We're back, and I have to say I'm glad to be home. I love visiting with my in-laws and other extended family, but I missed the hubs pretty bad. Blakely did too. Every time we would talk to Jeff on the phone, Blakley would take the phone from me and kiss it. So sweet.
We had such a great trip! Blakely and I were busy shopping, visiting Santa {pictures to come...so funny} and cooking. Lynn has a way better camera than me, so I left all the picture taking to her. Once I get a copy, I'll be sure to post them.
The whole Santa thing went surprisingly well. Blakely was not to sure of the creepy guy in the suit, but she didn't cry. Instead, she slowly climbed over me so I would be in-between them. We also took her to Build-a-bear. What a hoot! Blakely was a bit overwhelmed, but was so excited we were in a store where she could touch/play with everything. It was great. She ended up with a cute little polar bear complete with all the accessories.
The Wright family ended up having their family Christmas party while we were visiting {kind of a spontaneous decision} It was so fun to be able to visit with the extended family too. There were a total of 22 people there, I think. It's a lot, but certainly not everyone. Unfortunately, Blakely was already asleep by the time everyone got there so they weren't able to see her. Maybe next time we're out there she'll be able to stay awake a little longer :)
I do have to brag on my sweet girl though. Our flight home wasn't until 5 pm out of Salt Lake City. I was sure Blakely would fall asleep on the flight, um, not so much. She was wide awake thew whole time, but such a happy girl. She smiled and waved at everyone. She said "hi" about a thousand times. It was the cutest thing ever. I was just so proud of my little traveler. I always make sure I bring lots of yummy snacks and her favorite toys to keep her busy on flights. She had been kind congested during our trip, so I was worried about her ears bothering her. Nope. No trouble there either. Don't worry--I totally realize how blessed I am to have such a happy easy little girl.
I hope to have pictures up soon. I know that's the best part about blogging anyway!
No comments:
Post a Comment