10.14.2010

Boo!

Halloween is just around the corner and it's one of the first holidays that is going to be more fun with a kid around.  Don't even get me started on Christmas...that is going to be a blast!  I can't wait for the years when my daughter creeps into my room at 5 in the morning and whispers "mom, can we go see if Santa came yet?"  But let's not get ahead of ourselves.  Halloween comes first and even though Blakely won't be trick or treating this year, I am still so excited to make her costume and dress her up!  My inspiration came from a little lamb that my grandma gave me the day I was born.  Her name is Lambie and this year Blakely will become my little Lambie!
She's in pretty good shape for being 26 years old!

She is going to be so darn cute!  I borrowed my moms sewing machine for this little project,and it has made me realize how much I need one of those bad boys for myself!  I decided to make Blakely's costume for a few reasons.  For starters, you can't beat a price of $1.97 for a bag of cotton balls, also I have fond memories of my mom making all of my Halloween costumes for me and my brother.  Knowing that she had made them especially for us made them feel really special and I knew no one would have a costume like mine.  I know Blakely may not appreciate it now, but I'm hoping that one day she will!  I really should be working on it now seeing as she is down for a nap.  Ok, cotton balls here I come! 

2 comments:

  1. How did you learn to sew? I am so Jealous!!! A sewing machine is on my list of things I'd like to own as well! I feel like lately I've been obsessing about cookware and gadgets. I've recently become big on making everything from scratch because then I know exactly what goes into it! Next will be my own fashion line of.... pillows... since I don't know how to make clothes yet! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's...I'm a work in progress! I'm not a sewing aficionado by any means....what I screw up I can fix by covering it with a cotton ball! Pillows are a great place to start, that may actually be my next project. I'll let you know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete