10.27.2010

Yummy, sweet potatoes!

Life with a baby is full of firsts.  They are all exciting, but as a mom, some make me kinda sad.  It's hard to explain because I love watching her learn and explore new things.  It's just that with each day that passes she seems to become more independent....I know, I know.....that's a good thing, but I guess I'm afraid she wont always NEED me like she does now.  I am being totally selfish, I realize this, but I can't help it.  But I guess deep down I know she'll always need me, I'm her mama and a girl always needs her mama. 

I have breastfed Blakely exclusively, she despises bottles and paci's, basically anything rubber.  So I have been her only source of food, her "lifeline" if you will.  I have felt bad at times for Jeff because he has not been able to share in the bonding of feeding our daughter.  But I know it is the BEST thing for my baby, and I have loved being the only one to be able to give her exactly what she needs.  I say it's a perk of having had to go through labor and delivery, so there!  Recently, Blakely has been showing more interest in our food.  She reaches out for our forks when we're eating dinner with her mouth wide open....couldn't be more clear than that, I suppose. 

So, I decided it was finally time for her first experience with solid food.  Hilarious!!!  She enjoyed a bowl of Gerber's finest, sweet potatoes!  LOVED. IT.  The first few bites were taken cautiously, and with a few shivers, but she soon got the hang of it and ate the whole bowl full!
Not so sure about this stuff.


Mid-shiver!!



Lovin' some sweet potatoes!
 Oh Blakely, you are so funny!  I guess it had to happen eventually, and I'm okay with it.  I mean, really, I didn't want to be one of those weird mothers who is still breastfeeding when there kid is like 4.  Blakely is still nursing mostly, but we'll continue to try some other fruits and veggies along the way.  But remember....
p.s.-- That's my brother-in-law posing under the billboard! 

No comments:

Post a Comment